11/06/2004

Sad Saturday.

David had to work today. It's not fair! It's not, it's not, it's not! *stomps foot and pouts* Our car is dying a slow and tragic death. I do not know what we are going to do if it gives out on us. This week has marked the death of some kids from my old school, I was already gone by then but I knew them. One was my brother's best friend and all were good friends of my best friend. They were young rowdy kids that took the wrong ride home and as a result they lost their lives. (One of the two major incidents in my life that made me so intolerant of drunk drivers) One of the boys, hung on for awhile. And it was pretty bad on everyone back home. (I was living in Oklahoma at the time). My best friend reminded me about it last night in an email about how she had prayed he would go ahead and die to ease his suffering. As well did alot of people including myself. It was the only thing that could have been done. No one will ever know why things like this happen. And trying to figure out why would only drive us crazy. We HAVE to find some way of coping through things like this. One main thing to do is pick this time, right here, right now, to count those blessings in your life. I don't care how crappy things are, they could be worse and the fact they aren't is a blessing. I have been blessed many times(For one driving around town late in a car that doesn't work right-totally lost was actually fun because of who I was with!). Sometimes it took awhile for me to see that something was a blessing but in the end it was. I am thankful for the blessings I have received in my life.

Blog Archive