9/24/2004

Soldier Attacked at a Toby Keith Concert

Full Story- nbc4i.com From article: "... "I don't remember getting hit at all, really," said Barton, a member of the 1st Calvary Division. "He hit me in the back of the head. I fell and hit the ground. I was knocked unconscious and he continued to punch and kick me on the ground." Barton and his family said he was beat up because he was wearing an Iraqi freedom T-shirt. "It's not our fault," Barton said. "I'm just doing a job." According to a Columbus police report, six witnesses who didn't know Barton said the person who beat him up was screaming profanities and making crude remarks about U.S. soldiers, Burton reported. " A great post on it: In the Bullpen. My Take: When you attack a soldier of our country because he is a soldier; and you are an American you should be charged with treason AND terrorism. I say that because I know that noone would let me go out and do the redneck stomp on his ass. I do not care if you agree with this war in Iraq or not. This kid is a soldier of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!! He would fight and possibly die to save your ass in a heartbeat and not even know who you were and yet you have the nerve to attack him because you don't agree in the politics surrounding what he was doing?????? What the hell kinda drugs are you taking????? Better yet, What kind of American are you??? You are no better than those who spat on our soldiers when they came home from Vietnam afraid to wear their uniforms for fear of being attacked. America is all about being free to believe what you want. Being free to express said beliefs. IT DOES NOT make you free to beat the crap outta someone you don't agree with(trust me on that when I say sometimes I wish it did). FREEDOM doesn't mean freedom from responsibility for your actions. And least you forget your freedom came at a high price. Maybe one of your grandparents, parents, aunts, or uncles, or cousins paid that price as well as many more... You disgrace their memories when you behave this way. You cheapen their lives and what they did for their/our country. In closing I'll say this: You better Thank God that you did not do something like that to my step-son when he came back form Iraq.

No comments:

Blog Archive